Last opportunity to shoot for the playoffs

After+a+long+season+of+district+play%2C+boys+basketball+aim+to+win+big+against+the+Heritage+Coyotes.+Depending+on+the+outcome+of+a+few+games+around+the+district%2C+a+victory+against+the+Coyotes+could+put+the+Redhawks+into+the+playoffs.+

Sarah Boutouis

After a long season of district play, boys basketball aim to win big against the Heritage Coyotes. Depending on the outcome of a few games around the district, a victory against the Coyotes could put the Redhawks into the playoffs.

Amelia Jáuregui, Staff Reporter

It’s all on the line Tuesday night for the boys’ basketball team as the Redhawks travel to take on the Heritage Coyotes at 7:15 p.m. in the final District 9-5A game of the season. A loss, and the season is over. A win, along with some help from other teams in the district, and the Redhawks could make the playoffs. 

“We are hopeful right now,” senior Zach Bishop said. “Nothing is really in our control but we are all trying to just focus on ourselves and keep the season alive a little while longer.”

Either way, Bishop and the rest of the team’s seniors know their high school basketball careers will be ending soon.

“Since it’s potentially my last game ever I just want to try and have fun tonight and try and soak it all in,” Bishop said. “It’s sad seeing it end so abruptly but I’m gonna make the most of it.”

Needing help to get the district’s fourth and final playoff spot, the team is trying to stay focused on one thing. 

“The only goal going in is to win,” senior Micaiah Abii said. “The team is in high spirits, all for different reasons, but we’re all ready to play.”