Continuing their success, girls’ basketball keeps season alive

Keeping their season alive, girls' basketball advanced into the Regional Quarterfinals after beating South Oak Cliff, 57-42, on Friday, Feb. 21, 2020. The girls' hope to mimic the 2018-19 season and advance to state.

Amelia Jáuregui, Staff Reporter

Advancing to the Regional Quarterfinals, the girls’ basketball beat South Oak Cliff, 57-42, on Friday.

”I think I played solid this Friday; It wasn’t my best game, but it wasn’t my worst,” junior Lily Ziemkiewicz said. “I thought offensively, I played smart for the most part but I definitely need to continue knowing all the plays by heart. Defensively, I think I played well, but I need to be better in help and boxing out as well.”

The first few minutes of the game did not go in favor of the Redhawks, but the team worked together to change the pace.

”We went on a run after being down 0-9,” sophomore Ashley Anderson said. “It just set the momentum for the rest of the game.”

While looking to continue their success into the next game, there is more than just winning that has the team ready for more. 

“I love and believe in this team and cannot wait to see all we have ahead of us,” Ziemkiewicz said. “I think we all are getting more excited for each other and you could definitely see our love for the game and our love to play together this past Friday.”