Just two runs short, baseball falls to Eagles in tournament

On+Thursday%2C+Friday%2C+and+Saturday%2C+baseball+participated+in+a+pre-district+tournament+as+they+gear+up+for+the+start+of+their+season.+Despite+falling+to+the+Prosper+Eagles+by+two+runs%2C+baseball+believes+they+are+making+progress+considering+Prospers+prior+success.+

Carter Brock

On Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, baseball participated in a pre-district tournament as they gear up for the start of their season. Despite falling to the Prosper Eagles by two runs, baseball believes they are making progress considering Prosper’s prior success.

Yael Even, Managing Editor

Continuing its pre-district tournament play, the baseball team spent Thursday, Friday, and Saturday playing teams from around the area including 2015 state champion Prosper High School.

Falling to the Eagles by two runs, progress is being made according to catcher, junior Will Glatch. 

“Our last game against Prosper went pretty well,” Glatch said. “Even though we lost 5-3 we competed as a team and we are becoming better every time we play.” 

Finishing the tournament at .500, the team is hoping to improve and is using their play against Prosper as a sign of what could come.

“We didn’t play up to our expectations and lost 5-3 to a 6A powerhouse,” senior Travis Wagonner said. “We had a strong start but couldn’t answer when they scored. We are sitting at 2-2 through our first tournament looking to go above .500 in our next tournament. We are looking to improve upon our game and clean up our mistakes as well.”