Red Rhythm, Dance freshen up on skills online

Finding+new+ways+to+perform%2C+Red+Rhythm+makes+adjustments+to+their+halftime+performance+during+the+varsity+basketball+game.+

Kasey Harvey

Finding new ways to perform, Red Rhythm makes adjustments to their halftime performance during the varsity basketball game.

Kanz Bitar, Staff Reporter

The transition to eLearning has presented challenges for almost all classes with dance students and Red Rhythm students trying to make the best of the situation.

“My dance classes have been using Canvas all year already so that has been easy to use while being at home,” dance teacher Sarah Cadungug said. “Most of what they are doing now we would be doing at school right now but it is hard trying to dance at home because a lot of them do not have the space to move or have the proper shoes with them at home since they are at school in their locker. The kids are doing their best though and I am very proud of them.”

Dance 4 student, senior Hanna Turner has been struggling with not being able to talk to her teacher about improvements.

“Online dance is pretty hard because we have to learn a whole new dance by watching the videos she sends us,” Turner said. “But it sucks because she can’t correct us if we’re doing something wrong. It’s different because it’s online and I can’t ask her questions and get immediate feedback and we have to wait till the end of the week to send her a video of us doing the new dance.”

Red Rhythm captain senior Ellie Cline has been trying to get used to practicing on her own since she can’t meet up with the rest of the team.

“It is definitely different, but we are trying to make it seem pretty normal,” Cline said. “Before we would practice as a team both in and out of school for many hours a week. Now, we are sticking to what we would do in a normal weeks’ practice but it’s obviously on your own, so you don’t have the other 39 girls there with you.”

Red Rhythm has been working to prepare for their Spring Show and will continue to practice despite not knowing what the future will hold.

“We are staying hopeful and working towards our end of the year “Spring Show”, which is currently scheduled for April 24th and 25th,” Cline said. “We’ve been stretching, reviewing our team dances, learning new routines, and submitting videos on Google classroom.”