FISD sterilizing lab equipment now helps first responders

After+removing+10+UV+LED+light+eyewear+sterilizers+from+schools+across+FISD%2C+these+cabinets+were+moved+to+Frisco+Fire+Stations%2C+to+help+clean+first+responders+eyewear.+Using+this+with+other+safety+measures%2C+first+responders+are+using+extra+precautions+like+this++to+limit+the+spread+of+disease+as+much+as+possible.+

After removing 10 UV LED light eyewear sterilizers from schools across FISD, these cabinets were moved to Frisco Fire Stations, to help clean first responder’s eyewear. Using this with other safety measures, first responders are using extra precautions like this to limit the spread of disease as much as possible.

Maddie Aronson, Managing Editor

To combat the spread of COVID-19 disease, the Frisco Fire Department is utilizing Frisco ISD lab equipment, traditionally used to clean student’s goggles, to sanitize these first responder’s eyewear after responding to different emergencies in the area. 

“Frisco ISD has conducted an inventory of equipment and materials that may be useful to health care workers and first responders during this time,” Frisco ISD Superintendent Dr. Mike Waldrip said in a Frisco ISD news release. “We are pleased to be able to assist the City of Frisco in their efforts to enhance safety and peace of mind for first responders who are on the front lines battling this pandemic. We are all grateful for the work they do at great risk to themselves and their families.”

Each fire station will receive one steel cabinet lined with UV LED lights from schools across the district, that act as a quick and safe germicide for the first responder’s eyewear. 

“The Frisco Independent School District has long been our most valued partner and we’re grateful for another collaboration in this crisis situation,” Frisco City Manager George Purefoy said in a Frisco ISD news release. “We appreciate the district letting our Frisco Fire Department borrow this equipment as we look for ways to boost our cleaning protocols for the safety of our firefighters, paramedics and patients. FISD’s support is invaluable to our community.”