Drive through cap and gown pick up available for seniors

In+previous+years%2C+students+have+gone+to+grab+their+cap+and+gown+during+the+school+day%2C+at+a+Jostens+booth+on+campus.+With+social+distancing+in+place%2C+students+will+be+able+to+visit+campus+to+pick+up+their+graduation+gear+Thursday+in+the+school+parking+lot.+

In previous years, students have gone to grab their cap and gown during the school day, at a Jostens booth on campus. With social distancing in place, students will be able to visit campus to pick up their graduation gear Thursday in the school parking lot.

Yael Even, Managing Editor

Campus may be closed but seniors are still able to pick up their cap and gown Thursday in the school’s parking lot.

Frisco ISD will continue to adhere to social distancing protocol,” principal Ashley Rainwater said via email. “We ask that when picking up your caps and gowns, you follow the noted protocols to protect yourself and our Frisco ISD employees.  Enter the campus from the south/front of the school and drive around the west side of the school by the auditorium/band hall and pull up to the back patio behind the cafeteria. Do not approach the cafeteria from the north.”

For now, it may not be walking across the stage, but this will do for senior Anushka Sinha.

“It’s definitely a convenient and safe way to pick up our cap and gown so I really like the idea,” Sinha said. “Even if graduation doesn’t happen I would like to at least have my cap and gown to take pictures in and just to keep as a memory of my senior year.”

Sinha hopes cap and gown pick up isn’t the end.

“Picking up my cap and gown does give me hope although I know we are in a grave situation right now,” Sinha said. “I hope that at least later in the summer we will be able to graduate in the way other classes have before us.”

Seniors will be able to pick up their cap and gown at different times according to their last name with a secondary time later in the day. 

“We will also have a 3:30 to 4:30 pm pick up for any remaining students who were unable to come during their designated time,” Rainwater said via email. “Please have the student’s ID ready to show our Jostens representative.”