Algebra 1 students shape their knowledge on Geometry

Emily Vetvick

With all Frisco ISD high school students returning back to school in-person, staff and students on campus are attempting to return to a state of normalcy. Ultimately, the goal is to transition to the usual routine that staff and students on campus exercised before the pandemic.

Aarya Oswal, Guest Contributor

As the end of the year is arriving, many students have finished off their coursework, however, students in Pre-AP Algebra 1 get a head start on Geometry by learning the basics in the last few weeks of school.

Wanting to be prepared for the upcoming school year, freshman Sahana Raghu hopes to get ahead in her preparation for her sophomore year.

“I feel that the geometry module will give us a good head start of next year and will also help us strengthen our fundamentals for the course,” Raghu said. “I love to get ahead and be prepared for what may be coming in the future, so I think this is a great idea.”

Hoping to get clarification on her confusions about geometry, freshman Abigail Junan believes it’ll help her when she takes the course next school year.

“I am interested in self learning the first part of it and I hope it will help to lessen confusion during the actual geometry class,” Junan said. “I have been studying geometry on my own a little, and so doing this in class, I think, will give me the clarification I need on whatever I may be confused on.”

Even though the module is optional, freshman Gabby Snachez believes it’ll help her prepare for geometry next year.

“While the module is optional, I think I’m still going to do it because I want to be prepared for whatever may come next year,” Sanchez said. “I really wished she would grade them rather than give us an answer key so I would be able to see where I go wrong or something.”