Students graduate before end of year

The+Class+of+2016s+graduation+will+be+held+on+June+4+at+Dr.+Pepper+StarCenter.+However%2C+a+few+students+have+graduated+early+at+the+conclusion+of+the+first+semester.+

The Class of 2016’s graduation will be held on June 4 at Dr. Pepper StarCenter. However, a few students have graduated early at the conclusion of the first semester.

Ariela Rodrigues, Guest Contributor

Most seniors are excited for the first week of June because those are the last days of high school, but for a few students, graduation has already happened with the end of the first semester.

“It’s not difficult to graduate early, I just think it requires students to probably plan no later than their sophomore year is best because there are courses that they need to take their junior year obviously to do it, so the earlier they plan for it, the easier it is,” counselor Ryan Kiefer said. “The later they wait sometimes it’s just not possible.”

Not many students graduate early, but the ones who do have many reasons why.

“I want to work and then earn money before I go back to Israel,” senior Noaa Arad said. “I like this school and it’s nice and stuff and it’s good and it has a good atmosphere. I wanted to graduate early because I’m going back to Israel with my parents so I wanted to finish before I go.”

Although Arad is already done with her senior year, she is anything but the norm.

“Not that many people graduate early, probably in the five-ish, give or take,” Kiefer said. “There’s various reasons why students might graduate early. Sometimes there’s a special program they want to get into, sometimes they just don’t like school but it kind of varies. Sometimes it’s just individual needs like they just need to hurry up and graduate. Maybe their parents moved or they’re gonna move so they wanna finish up before their parents move or whatever, it’s various reasons”