Lowest price of the year, yearbooks up for pre-order

The+deadline+to+buy+senior+ads+for+the+2023-24+edition+of+the+yearbook+is+Nov.+10.+

Sarah Boutouis

The deadline to buy senior ads for the 2023-24 edition of the yearbook is Nov. 10.

Shreyas Viswanathan, Staff Reporter

Students can now pre-order their yearbooks for the 2020-2021 school year for $65, the lowest price of the year. 

For yearbook adviser Kimberly Breen and the staff members, the virtual start to the school year hasn’t caused major issues when it comes to production, but has given them a stronger start than previous years.

We have actually had a stronger start than most years because we are worried about how the year will go, so the staff members are out interviewing, photographing, and asking for photos,” Breen said. “They are off to a great start. We only had camp over Zoom rather than in person, which was unfortunate. But we are looking forward to seeing each other in person very soon.”

In addition to having to start the year virtually, the staff switched publishers, moving from Balfour to Jostens and hoping to sell even more books.

“We sold more than 800 books last year and we absolutely plan on selling more this year with our new yearbook company, Jostens,” Breen said. “I’m very excited about our switch to Jostens because it means we can access our book from the Internet. Last year we were tied to the classroom, and this year working virtually is so much easier.”

Prices jump to $70 on Sep. 19 and increase to $75 on Nov. 13, which is also the last and final day to purchase senior ads for those who are interested. The final day to order a yearbook will be Jan. 29.

“Hopefully this year we will sell around 950, so 50 more than last year,” yearbook marketing director Shunmathi Rajesh said. “Considering the situation we are in right now the ways we can sell the book is restricted. We are planning to increase the sales by doing giveaways, posting interesting teaser pictures on Instagram, [and] emailing parents consistently with remainders.”