New Wi-Fi network to accelerate connection

The school is changing from an AT&T wifi network to a private one, in an effort to speed up the wifi and avoid network problems.

Amber Holt, Staff Reporter

Internet outages on campus are expected to be minimized as the school has moved from an AT&T network to a private network run through the district.

“We are changing to the Frisco ISD owned private fiber which will hopefully have less problems,” FISD Coordinator of Technical Services Kirk Ryan said in an email.

The network is expected to have fewer problems but if problems do occur, they will be able to be fixed faster.

“The goal is to have the connection more stable,” Technology Facilitator Jeff Wiseman said. “We can control the problems better, and if something does happen then we can fix it and not wait for a third party to fix it.”

The new network is run through FISD rather than the old commercial account with AT&T.
“Now that we are on our own network, we will be able to solve things quicker instead of going through AT&T,” campus technology specialist Merry Moch said. “It’s only been a week but so far there haven’t been any problems.”