FISD launches Alumni Network

Remi Williams

The Board of Trustees approved the final budget of $54.9 million for the construction of a fine arts facility utilizing funds from the 2018 $691 million bond package. The project will start construction during summer of 2024 with an expected completion date in 2026.

Aarya Oswal, Staff Reporter

Seniors and staff are presented with an opportunity to connect with members of the community after graduation through the Frisco ISD Alumni Network.

The Network allows all FISD schools to connect, support, and provide resources to both current students and alumni according to Alumni specialist KeVonna Scott.

“The Frisco ISD Alumni Network has launched for past graduate FISD students and current FISD seniors,” Scott said. “[The Network] is one the best ways to maintain a lifelong connection with your alma mater and the community. [It] allows alumni to stay engaged with their high, Frisco ISD, and peers. The Network also provides support, resources and opportunities for current students through mentorship, learning, advocacy and community engagement.”

Signing up for the network allows members to get many benefits such as scholarship opportunities and alum-to-alum engagement as per Scott.

“Once signed up, Frisco ISD alumni will have access to exclusive services, opportunities and resources for not only academic but college and career success,” Scott said. “Benefits & Services include monthly e-Newsletter, inclusion in the FISD Speakers Bureau, community outreach opportunities, scholarship opportunities, special invites to alumni networking/social events, access to college & career resources, and exclusive Alumni Network perks & discounts. Plus, access to our online alumni database for alum-to-alum engagement and mentoring.”