FISD hosts webinar for new NNDCC program

Perry Mellone

The Board of Trustees election is coming up in May, but before voting happens, ballot order must be drawn. The drawing for ballot order is on Monday.

Shreyas Viswanathan, Staff Reporter

Frisco ISD is partnering with the National Naval Defense Cadet Corp (NNDCC) to launch a program at Lebanon Trail High School for the 2021-22 school year, with an informational webinar being held Wednesday from 6-7 p.m.

“We’re looking forward to a great future with your high school, as we work together to develop, particularly in those students who take part in NNDCC, the values and skills they will need to become better citizens and effective leaders,” T.N. Daseler, NJROTC program director said in a district news release.

Incoming freshmen who are admitted into the program will become full-time Lebanon Trail High School students for all of the years that they choose to be in the program.

The ones who graduate from the program may be at an advantage when applying to military academies and ROTC programs at universities, as well as when applying for scholarships and enlisting in the military.

“In preparation for the first class, we are actively working with local NNDCC representatives to guide us on everything from hiring staff to classroom requirements,” Dr. Angela Romney, managing director of academic programs said in a district news release. “This is just the beginning. As interest grows, so will the program. We believe this will not only prepare students for future service or careers in the military but also teach valuable leadership skills that can be transferred to any endeavor.”