Freshman channels self expression through modeling

The day begins early with freshman Isabelle Engles arriving at the studio at around seven a.m. 

Excitement and anticipation buzz in her chest as she prepares a small, nutritious breakfast of eggs and fruit. 

It’s a day of self-discovery and artistic expression. It is the day of a photoshoot with Bella Modeling School. 

One day it just changed. I started to become more confident. I’ve also learned to embrace my height and love myself more, I used to be self-conscious of how tall I was,

— freshman Isabelle Engles

Isabelle’s drive to the studio is relatively short, but the day ahead of her is long and filled with opportunities to make memories and friends. Upon arrival, Isabelle is greeted with the familiar faces of friends, photographers, and fashion experts who will guide her throughout the day.

The average photoshoot day can take about 4-8 hours, it depends on what category you are shooting on,” Isabelle said. “My favorite would probably be editorial/high fashion. It’s more ‘artsy’ so I feel like I can let loose and do unique poses without feeling weird, because that’s what it’s all about.”

On this particular day, that is exactly the category. The more extreme and artistic aspect of high fashion allows Isabelle to experiment with drastic looks and bold poses. She decides on a red jumper and bright pink heels, allowing her hair and makeup to be done to match. It is a perfect look for the day’s neon theme.

“After you get dressed and ready, you will have a little bit of time to practice your poses in front of the mirror while you wait,” Isabelle said. “It’s important to be courteous and supportive of others who are taking their pictures. Once they call you up, it’s your time to shine. All the time and effort you put in will pay off.”

Taking photos and striking poses are more to Isabelle than a simple hobby, they serve as an outlet for her to express herself and her creativity. These photoshoots are made possible by Bella Modeling School, the organization Isabelle trained and graduated from to kick off her modeling journey. 

Isabelle has blossomed into a confident, poised young lady who doesn’t take herself too seriously,

— mom Camilla Engle

“I did some research online and found [Bella Modeling School’s] Instagram page highlighting what they offered,” Isabelle’s mother, Camilla Engles said. “I liked that their focus was on building self-confidence, as that is something I think all teens could benefit from. Isabelle has blossomed into a confident, poised young lady who doesn’t take herself too seriously.”

Confidence and poise are only some of the benefits modeling have brought to Isabelle and her family. The experience was fun and challenged her with new perspectives and different ways to view herself and the world around her. 

“At first I wasn’t comfortable posing in front of a camera and in front of other people, but one day it just changed. I started to become more confident, and it was visible in my poses,” Isabelle said. “Because of my confidence, I quickly became more comfortable with posing in front of a camera. I’ve also learned to embrace my height and love myself more, I used to be self-conscious of how tall I was.  It has been an amazing experience and I feel like I have grown so much as a person because of it.”

• Freshman Isabelle Engles started modeling earlier this year, graduating from a program at Bella Modeling School.

• “I liked that their focus was on building self-confidence, as that is something I think all teens could benefit from,” mom Camilla Engles said. “Isabelle has blossomed into a confident, poised young lady who doesn’t take herself too seriously.”

• Waking up at seven to attend photoshoots, Engles’s modeling is more than just posing in front of the camera.

• Engles poses for the camera in a photoshoot at the Bella Modeling school. “After you get dressed and ready, you will have a little bit of time to practice your poses in front of the mirror while you wait,” Isabelle said. “It’s important to be courteous and supportive of others who are taking their pictures. Once they call you up, it’s your time to shine. All the time and effort you put in will pay off.”

• Getting her done before a shoot, Engles often spends hours simply preparing for a photo shoot. “The average photoshoot day can take about 4-8 hours,” she said. “It depends on what category you are shooting on.”

• The Bella Modeling School where Engles began her aspiring modeling career has locations in both McKinney and Dallas and offers a 5 month, 120 program.