PTSA hosts Sweater Senior Movie Night

Hosted+by+the+PTSA%2C+Sweater+Senior+Movie+Night+aims+to+be+a+fun+event+for+seniors+to+celebrate+their+last+few+months+of+high+school.+

Hosted by the PTSA, Sweater Senior Movie Night aims to be a fun event for seniors to celebrate their last few months of high school.

Ana Cuen, Managing Editor

All assignments have been completed.

The bell has rung.

It’s officially winter break. 

For seniors it is a bittersweet feeling, knowing every second that passes is a second closer to graduation. 

As they try to soak it all in, some seniors will unite Friday at the PTSA’s Sweater Senior Movie Night. 

“I’m very excited to be able to see my friends again and go to a movie because it’s a good time to build community bonds and engage with people that I might not see on a regular daily basis,” senior Tyler Brown said. “We will be outside social distancing so it’ll be very safe, which will enable us to have safe social interactions. “

The event will be hosted at Limestone Park next to Isbell, and there will be prizes for best ugly sweaters. 

“I get to see my friends pretty often at school just because of the classes we all take, so I am most excited about the theme of this event,” senior Sara Aldana said. “Christmas is by far my favorite season, so having an excuse to wear all my holiday gear and be excited for Christmas is everything I have ever wanted.”

However, virtual students like senior Rachel Wilson look forward to this opportunity to spend time with childhood friends and ending the first half of her senior year with holiday cheer. 

“Since I do virtual academy, I do not often get to see all my friends,” she said. “I really miss those casual interactions I used to have at school with them, but I feel like the event tonight will enable us to catch up and maybe even make it feel like normal, even if it is only for a few hours.”