Students eagerly await as college decision season rolls around

Many early decision results are being released on Thursday. If accepted, early decision applicants are bound to attend the college they apply to.

Ananda Ghoshal, Staff Reporter

With the first semester ending on Friday, the start of Redhawk seniors’ college decisions season begins. Since the beginning of the school year, seniors planning on going to college have worked to turn in applications for rolling admissions, early decisions, and early action. 

“I am currently still in the process of applying to some schools to meet the regular decision deadline, but have been working on applications since early September,” senior Srujan Mupparapu said. “I’m just glad that being a senior in a virtual learning environment gave me the flexibility and additional time to strengthen my applications.”

While seniors wait for their decision letter, many take the time to support their peers on their acceptances. For Yatin Pokle, seeing his friends be accepted into their universities gives him relief.

“I feel great seeing my friends get into the colleges they’ve always wanted to go to and it gives me hope for myself,” Pokle said.

But for other students, the stress of the application process does not end until they get their decision letters. For Anoushka Majumdar, it’s just as stressful to await her decision.

“The entire process stressed me out; I really just want to get it over with and get my decisions back quickly,” she said. “I’ve already been accepted into two of my safety schools, which reassures me a little bit that at least I still have my “plan B” schools in case I don’t get into my reach schools.”