PB & J drive designed to help Frisco Lovepacs

Wednesday is the final day for donations

Collecting+peanut+butter+and+jelly+for+Frisco+Lovepacs%2C+the+Family%2C+Career+and+Community+Leaders+of+America+has+donation+boxes+set+up+in+the+rotunda%2C+as+well+as+E104+and+E105.+The+last+day+to+donate+is+Wednesday.+

Emily Thomas

Collecting peanut butter and jelly for Frisco Lovepacs, the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America has donation boxes set up in the rotunda, as well as E104 and E105. The last day to donate is Wednesday.

Hannah Beeler, Staff Reporter

The last day to donate to Family, Career and Community Leaders of America’s peanut butter and jelly drive is Wednesday with students and staff being able to drop off donations in E104, E105, or a box in the rotunda. 

“​Each year, all 5 of the Regions in Texas FCCLA choose a Community Service project that will benefit a nonprofit in their region,” FCCLA sponsor Jessica Fisher-Hattey said via email. “Our Liberty Chapter chose to do a Peanut Butter & Jelly drive specifically benefitting Frisco Lovepacs to keep our service as local as possible.Liberty FCCLA wanted to take our service project a step farther and collect food specifically with Frisco ISD students in mind who are food insecure.”

Food insecurity throughout FISD is at the heart of the mission of Lovepacs and this drive is designed to help even with challenges presented by COVID.

“We hope to better the community through the drive by ensuring that Lovepacs still is able to help out all 72 FISD schools through the year,” president senior Mackenzie Cobb said via text. “The only concern we had was not being able to take in donations due to COVID-19. However as soon as we receive donations every item is wiped down so we are able to continue the drive.”

Vice president senior Emaan Baber believes the food drive will have a positive impact for many students and their families. 

“A food drive is just a small part of what we can do to give back to those who can’t make ends meet to make a meal,” Emaan said via text. “By using our resources to help a struggling parent or a hungry kid it helps them out for a bit.”