Breaking news: Frisco ISD emails parents regarding plans for possible inclement weather

With+the+possibility+of+inclement+weather+hitting+the+Frisco+area+sometime+Sunday%2C+Frisco+ISD+emailed+parents+Friday+afternoon+with+a+tentative+plan+for+Feb.+16-19.+

With the possibility of inclement weather hitting the Frisco area sometime Sunday, Frisco ISD emailed parents Friday afternoon with a tentative plan for Feb. 16-19.

Wingspan Staff

Frisco ISD sent the following email to parents at 3:16 p.m. Friday regarding the forecast of inclement weather for the school days of Feb. 16-19.

“Parents,

Out of an abundance of caution, Frisco ISD has developed a plan for the coming week based on the forecast for inclement weather. As a reminder, Monday is a previously scheduled school holiday. If weather conditions do not allow students and staff to return to campuses on Tuesday and Wednesday, bad weather days will be used and no in-person or virtual classes will be held.  Should we still be unable to return to campuses Thursday and Friday, the District will move to virtual asynchronous days for all students.

Today, face-to-face students who indicated that they needed a device for virtual learning are being sent home with a device so that they will be able to complete any potential asynchronous learning. In the event of asynchronous learning, families should monitor their emails for instructions from their teacher.

No decision has been made at this time regarding potential closures for next week. Please note that the information above is being communicated to allow parents to plan for the coming week if bad weather conditions occur.

Frisco ISD will notify parents via email, text and phone in the event of a school closure. The District and campus websites will also be updated with alerts of school closures, as well as the District’s social media accounts. You can ensure you are subscribed to text messages from Frisco ISD by texting “Y” or “Yes” to 67587.

Our hope is that we will return to campuses prior to Thursday, but with the current weather forecast, we must prepare for all weather conditions next week.”