Soccer hopes to heat up the field against the Coyotes

Troy Williams

The soccer teams saw success on the field on Wednesday with the girls winning their first district game and the boys ending with a draw. The teams are motivated for the rest of the season, with the boys starting district next week.

Remi Williams, Sports Editor

After a week off due to Winter Storm Uri, the Redhawk soccer teams return to heat up the field Tuesday night against the Heritage Coyotes

“I feel good going into this game because I’ve missed playing with this team and everyone is excited to play,” freshman Brooklyn Miller said.

The girls make the short trip up the road to Heritage High School at 5:30 p.m. with a goal in sight. 

“The team’s main focus on today’s game is to win and get back on track to where we left off,” Miller said.

Shortly following the end of the girls game, the boys will kick off competition against the Coyotes at home.

“Obviously we would want tonight’s game to be under normal circumstances,” head boys coach Fred Kaiser said. “But it’s not so we have to adapt. One thing I don’t have to worry about is the work ethic of my boys. I know they will always give their very best of the field.”