Track season finally starts to warm up

After two meets getting canceled the Redhawks had their first track meet. All of extra time the athletes had to train payed off as they had ten top three finishers.

Remi Williams, Sports Editor

After the first two meets getting canceled due to a variety of weather conditions, the track athletes finally got a chance to compete Saturday at Wylie Stadium.

Competing against eight different high schools around the area, including Heritage High School, the team had several top three finishers per event.  

“My personal goal was to place in the high jump and I met it,” senior Connor Hulstein said. “I’m still going to work on correcting my form in order to do better next meet.”

For some athletes, like junior Evan Hill, the meet was a way to learn what they can practice doing on and off the track to get good results.

“For the boys we got first in the 4×2,” Hill said. “Since it was our first meet I didn’t set the standard too high but can definitely do better by taking practice more seriously, stretching, and eating the right things.”

The boys’ team finished in third overall, while the girls’ team finished in sixth.

“We used this meet as a way to see where we are all at,” junior Jada Williams said. “Now that we know, and we have gone through the motions of a meet, we can use this as a way to see where we need to improve as a team.