Three wrestling Redhawks advance to regionals

Continuing+his+undefeated+season%2C+sophomore+Mitchell+Borynack+took+first+place+in+the+126+lbs.+weight+division+of+the+District+8-5A+wrestling+tournament+at+Lebanon+Trail+High+School.+Also+advancing+on+Wednesday+were+juniors+Cole+Hebert+2nd+%28138+lbs%2C%29+and+%0ANihar+Jalla+3rd+%28113+lbs.%29.+The+rest+of+the+Redhawks+wrestling+team+competes+Friday+at+Lebanon+Trail+HS.+

used with permission from @Redhawkswrestle

Continuing his undefeated season, sophomore Mitchell Borynack took first place in the 126 lbs. weight division of the District 8-5A wrestling tournament at Lebanon Trail High School. Also advancing on Wednesday were juniors Cole Hebert 2nd (138 lbs,) and Nihar Jalla 3rd (113 lbs.). The rest of the Redhawks wrestling team competes Friday at Lebanon Trail HS.

Remi Williams, Sports Editor

The Redhawk wrestling team began its two day district tournament Wednesday afternoon at Lebanon Trail. 

“We had three people qualify,” junior Garrett Reeves said. “One for District champ one for runner up and one for 3rd place. The people that have qualified still have one to two more years of high school left, so it’s expected that they perform even better next year and that those that didn’t qualify will rise to that level over the course of next year.”

Due to COVID restrictions the matches were split up based on weight classes, the remaining half of the team will compete on Friday.