Awards and cords available for pickup for seniors

Redhawk+alumni+Jonathan+Peng+makes+his+way+across+the+graduation+stage+on+May+31%2C+202+while+wearing+his+National+Honor+Society+stole.+Stoles%2C+along+with+honors+cords+and+other+academic+awards%2C+are+available+in+front+of+the+auditorium+for+class+of+2021+graduates+on+Tuesday+and+Wednesday.+

Brian Higgins

Redhawk alumni Jonathan Peng makes his way across the graduation stage on May 31, 202 while wearing his National Honor Society stole. Stoles, along with honors cords and other academic awards, are available in front of the auditorium for class of 2021 graduates on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Aaron Boehmer, Editor-in-Chief

Senior awards and cords are available for pickup Tuesday and Wednesday in front of the auditorium from 12 to 2 p.m. 

Here’s all the awards being presented to seniors: 

Academic All Star – maintained a 90 average or above every six weeks this year.

UIL Scholar Award – top 10% of class and in at least one UIL activity.

AP Scholar with Honor – average grade of at least 3.25 on all AP exams taken and grades of 3 or higher on four or more of these exams.

AP Scholar with Distinction – average grade of at least 3.5 on all AP exams taken and grades of 3 or higher on five or more of these exams

National AP Scholar – average grade of at least 4 on all AP exams taken and grades of 4 or higher on eight or more of these exams.

Scholarships – verified general scholarships awarded to students

Honor Cord – obtained a weighted 4.0 (or above) GPA at the end of the 3rd quarter. Each level of Honor Graduates (summa cum laude, magna cum laude, cum laude) will be determined by the student’s weighted grade point average at the end of the 3rd quarter which will be no lower than 4.0 with no rounding. Honor Graduates will be denoted in the graduation program.

National Honor Society Stole – awarded to graduating NHS members that completed 20 hours or more during the 2020-21 academic school year.