Double header testing day for many juniors

Lucas Barr

For many juniors on campus, Wednesday will be a double-header testing day as the U.S. History STAAR exam begins at 9 a.m., and the AP Physics 1 test begins at 12 p.m. “I think having both tests on the same day will be a challenge for sure,” U.S. History teacher Allen Harris said. “But when students get to college that is not an uncommon thing. Students get a preview of what taking exams in college is like and how to manage their studying.”

Hannah Beeler, Staff Reporter

For many juniors, Wednesday will be an exam filled day with the U.S. history EOC in the morning and the AP Physics 1 exam in the afternoon.

“The U.S. history EOC is pretty short and I know the state of Texas gives students a lot of time to complete the test, but what I have found in years past is that most people get it done well before the five hour time limit expires,” AP physics one teacher Christine Rittenhouse said. “The day shouldn’t be much different than having two AP exams on the same day.”

The U.S history EOC will begin at 9 a.m., while the AP physics exam starts at 12 p.m.

“Some unfortunate implications of having the exams on the same  day are general heightened anxiety exhaustion,” junior Sonja Huntwork said via text. “ Most of us aren’t worried at all about the EOC, but wish we could use that time to rest or cram for the AP physics test.”

Students such as junior Nathan Chandran believe that the AP physics exam is more important than the history EOC.

“Getting a good AP score will not only build up self confidence but will also be an appealing factor in college decisions,” Chandran said via text. “The STAAR test on the other hand tests general ability in the field of U.S history.”

U.S history teacher Allen Harris believes that having both the history EOC and AP physics exam on the same day will help to prepare students for the future.

“I think having both tests on the same day will be a challenge for sure,” Harris said. “But when students get to college that is not an uncommon thing. Students get a preview of what taking exams in college is like and how to manage their studying.”