Prom location to provide city view

Amber Holt, Staff Reporter

• The W displays a multitude of skyline views for the seniors to sightsee.

• Prom’s venue currently has couches and other furniture that will be removed to make room for the dance floor.

• The W’s venue will provide a substantial amount of space for students to fill on Prom night.

• Although the walls of the W Hotel already have designed structural elements, additional decorations are to be put up.

• The W Hotel also has an outdoor terrace that overlooks downtown.

The countdown to prom at the W Hotel in Dallas on April 9 has begun with tickets already on sale on MyPaymentsPlus for $75. School administrators recently did a walk through of the W Hotel to begin planning.

“The room is already decorated fully so there’s not really a theme set in motion yet,” assistant principal Kristen Sommers said. “The W has a really big outside terrace that overlooks downtown Dallas as well.”

While most students will go out to dinner before the dance, there will be some food and drink provided.

“We are not providing a meal be there will be heavy hors d’oeuvres. As well as sodas, water and mocktails which are like non-alcoholic cocktails,” Sommers said.

With dress code be a topic of discussion on campus these days, such things are a little more relaxed at prom.

“If there is a question about dress or something young ladies are able to bring pictures of their dress to show them to us first,” Sommers said. “Then we can decide if it is within dress code, but all clothing still needs to be appropriate for a school function.”

Although the date for prom may seem early, it was carefully chosen because of the continuing testing going on during the end of the school year including STAAR and AP testing.

“We have to book our location in the summer and we know that its students preference to not be in Frisco,” Sommers said. “We saw  pictures from last years prom at the W hotel and then we decided to visit the hotel. We really liked the hotel so we decided to host there at a time that would be a good break from testing.”