Yearbook pick up window opens Wednesday

Wade Glover

FriscoISD has now made it possible to get a glimpse from the past with archived digitalized yearbooks. Students may now browse yearbooks from 2007 to present.

Caroline Caruso, Managing Editor

The legacy continues as the 2020-2021 yearbook is available for pick up in the cafeteria Wednesday and Thursday during lunch hours.

Students who pre-ordered their book are able to stop by the back tables. However, those wanting to purchase a book on the spot must be prepared to pay an $80 fee, and cannot be guaranteed a book.

Yearbook adviser Kim Breen agrees that this year’s book has exceeded her expectations given circumstances.

“The students did a great job this year,” she said. “It was a lot harder this year to interview people because we had some members on campus, and then some off campus and at home. We also had to ensure we got photos of everything we needed because the book is so reliant on photos. All in all, they worked extra hard this year to put out a great book.”

With half of her classmates being virtual, assistant editor Sarah Head says the staff had to overcome different obstacles his year. 

“It’s been a lot harder this year, especially for the visual aspect of putting everything together, because we’ve had a lot of virtual people, so we’ve had to coordinate with them,” Head said. “We’ve kind of had to teach everything over Zoom, and so some of us haven’t even gotten to see what the pages look like or how to edit their pictures. But, it’s still been fun getting to talk to people in class and just hang out with everybody.”

In order to purchase a book, students must bring their student ID as well as a copy of their receipt to the table before being handed their book. 

Getting a yearbook is always something to look forward to for sophomore Jack Clutter, who is confident this year’s book will be a success. 

“I really think the yearbook staff did an amazing job this year considering what they were limited to doing,” Clutter said. “I mean, they were able to compose an entire yearbook with only half of the student body present here on campus, and that wasn’t every day either.”