HOSA students competing at Area

Some members of the HOSA chapter have chosen to compete in the public service announcement evident to raise awareness for certain health issues.

Henry Youtt, Managing Editor

HOSA will compete in its area competition on Friday at R. L. Turner High School. This will be HOSA’s first competition of the year, with competitors who place first, second, or third advancing to state competition in April.

“Competing in HOSA gives you not only a fun experience to meet with competitors from other schools,” senior and HOSA officer Yash Kadakia said. “But also gives insight into what being a medical professional can consist of, depending on the field.”

HOSA is a student-led organization for future health professionals with students competing in a variety of events including the PSA event, creative problem solving, epidemiology, emergency preparedness events, clinic nursing, and dental science among many others.

“I’m expecting to see Liberty students build their knowledge in the healthcare field by competing,” health science teacher Maribeth Thomas said.

While the club gears toward students interested in the medical field, any students are welcome to join if they are interested in competing.

“Being a HOSA sponsor is gratifying knowing that we are watching the future of healthcare gain confidence with their amazing accomplishments in HOSA,” Thomas said. “It always makes  me proud to see my students succeed.”