Top sports moments of 2020-2021: #3

For+the+third+year+in+a+row%2C+the+Redhawks+girls+basketball+team+found+themselves+standing+on+the+court+at+the+end+of+the+UIL+5A+state+championship+awaiting+their+medals.+While+the+team+earned+a+gold+medal+and+the+state+title+in+2020%2C+the+team+fell+short+on+March+10%2C+2021%2C+losing+to+Cedar+Park+46-39.+

Remi Williams

For the third year in a row, the Redhawks girls’ basketball team found themselves standing on the court at the end of the UIL 5A state championship awaiting their medals. While the team earned a gold medal and the state title in 2020, the team fell short on March 10, 2021, losing to Cedar Park 46-39.

Remi Williams, Sports Editor

With less than a week of school left Wingspan looks into the top sports moments of the 2020-2021 school year.

In spot number 3, the girls’ basketball team made it to the UIL 5A state finals for the third year in a row.

”Our goal has never been rankings and it’s really never been trophies,” head coach Ross Reedy said. “It’s nice to win a championship but we have always just wanted to put a good product on the floor.”

The team ended up falling short against Lubbock Cooper High School ending their season in second, one year after winning the state championship

”I think the season went great overall,” Jain said via text. “The ending obviously wasn’t what we wanted but we got as much time as possible with each other. It definitely taught me how to take hard losses and learn from them.”