Redhawk Rally sets tone for social gatherings this fall

The+first+of+many+social+gatherings+set+for+students+to+attend+this+fall%2C+performances+at+Redhawk+Rally+bring+spirit+to+students+and+families.+

Sarah Boutouis

The first of many social gatherings set for students to attend this fall, performances at Redhawk Rally bring spirit to students and families.

Caroline Caruso, Assistant Editor-in-Chief

As Redhawk students return to standard face to face instruction, it seems social gatherings are expected to make a return this fall as well. Two days after the start of new classes, students, parents, and staff were able to join together in attending Saturday’s Redhawk Rally. 

The event included performances by cheer, Red Rhythm, and band in the form of a pep rally. as well as a series of club tables set up for families to visit after the pep rally. 

“Our PTSA sponsors it as a way to kick off the year and celebrate the beginning of football season,” varsity cheer coach Kandy Stevens said. “The energy was amazing and things felt normal again.”

For varsity cheerleader Allie Elgin and her fellow teammates, it was refreshing to return to performing for crowds after the limitations last year’s COVID-19 guidelines presented for social gatherings. 

“Performing in front of a crowd was amazing,” Elgin said. “As a squad we love pep rallies and the crowd’s enthusiasm truly helps us to perform better than if we were to run it by ourselves in practice.”

After performances concluded, attendees were able to move next door and interact with a series of club tables set up to promote different chapters on campus. 

“This was our first year to participate in the Redhawk Rally,” Best Buddies sponsor Cynthia Kays said. “I think it was a positive thing. Why? It gets the word of our club out there and our kids get to experience more as a Redhawk.”