Redhawks named semifinalists for National Merit Scholarship Program

Perry Mellone

15 Redhawks have been named National Merit Semifinalists for the class of 2022. A total of 109 Frisco ISD students earned this distinction with Liberty High being one of the top schools. Semifinalists will find out in February if they are a finalist.

Rachel Kim, Staff Reporter

Names of this year’s Semifinalists for the annual National Merit Scholarship Program were announced Monday with 15 of those names belonging to seniors on campus. 

Each of the 15 Semifinalists will be eligible to become a Finalist by submitting a detailed scholarship application that includes information about their academic record, participation in extracurricular activities, and honors and awards received. With the application, they must also be endorsed and recommended by an administrator. 

Winners will be selected from the group of Finalists, and awarded scholarships from any of the 220 corporations and business organizations involved as well as their preferred college or university.  The winners will be announced in late spring and summer 2022. 

The 15 Redhawks named as National Merit Semifinalists are: 

Praneeth Akkineni

Saujash Barman

Biyanka Hati

Kunal Jain

Shray Jain

Harshith Jella

Kelly Liu

Harsh Paswan

Sarp Sahin

Aarej Syed 

Risha Thimmancherla

Robert Violante

Vagmin Viswanathan

Charlie Zhang

Ryan Zheng