Free tutoring offered

Frisco ISD screenshot

To assist students, Frisco ISD is continuing their free tutoring services, RAIL through live conferencing and video tutorials.

Caroline Caruso, Asst. Editor In Chief

Middle school and high school students in FISD will continue to have access to the free online tutoring program, RAIL, for the 2021-2022 school year. 

What started in 2019, the district-sponsored program is facilitated by Frisco ISD teachers who will work with students in the evenings to provide up-to-date tutorials geared towards the student’s area of choice. 

‘“Learning can happen anytime, anywhere and Frisco ISD is proud to provide help to students who need a quick reteach, additional strategies, or content clarification,” director of innovative learning Tiffany Carey said, in a recent FISD news release

Students interested in the program will have access to both live conference and archived video tutorials in core subjects such as Math, Social Studies, ILA or English, and Science. 

“Every single week, rail offers tutorials on different core subjects,” campus RAIL Facilitator Andrew Forbus said. “So once a week we have tutorials at night where students can come in all across the district to get some nice help on  like a question and answer tutorials every single night.”

To verify that the curriculum covered is up to date compared to what is taught in the classroom, RAIL staff members maintain communication with teaching and learning departments across the district.

“Our tutorials are unique because students have that opportunity to have that one on one instruction that need while at home working on homework that they need,” FISD Academic Advisor Stepfanie Sellers said. “We have certified teachers who are familiar with the FISD scope and sequence who can really speak to the curriculum that the students are dealing with at home.”

More information about tutoring can be found on the RAIL Free Online Tutorials website here.