Featured Athlete: Chance Moore

Wingspan’s Featured Athlete for 10/28 is cross country runner, junior Chance Moore.

Emily Thomas, Staff Reporter

Wingspan: How are you preparing for state?

Moore: “I am preparing for state by running hard during practices. I am also taking multiple days of recovery when it is closer to race time.”

Wingspan: What has been the highlight of your season?

Moore: “The highlight of my season so far has been getting my personal record at the 5k at districts and getting top 10 for a medal.”

Wingspan: What has been the biggest challenge this season?

Moore: “The biggest challenge for me was when I was sick. I was sick for about a week or two and I couldn’t practice so I fell behind a lot of the varsity guys and I had to work my way back up.”

Wingspan: Do you have any pre meet rituals?

Moore: “I always drink a lot of water and eat a lot of carbs the day before. I also like to take a really hot bath the night before.”

Wingspan: Who is your biggest inspiration?

Moore: “My biggest inspiration is my brother. My brother ran cross country when he was a senior and I was a freshman. He was the best in the school and worked the hardest out of everyone. At the regional meet his senior year he failed to qualify for state by less than a second. I will always remember how sad he was because that was his final race.”

Wingspan: What was running at regionals like for you?

Moore: “I felt pretty good at regionals. It was a course I had run before so I knew it well and everything went well, the weather was just tough and that made it a little bit more difficult.”