IT’S time for ITS to hit the annual festival

Each year several Redhawks theatre students are inducted into the International Thespian Society, and organization working to promote the celebration of educational theatre in a high school setting. Aside from activities throughout the year, the Redhawk ITS troupes main gathering is held in November when they get to attend the International Thespian Festival.

Heather Willingham

Each year several Redhawks theatre students are inducted into the International Thespian Society, and organization working to promote the celebration of educational theatre in a high school setting. Aside from activities throughout the year, the Redhawk ITS troupe’s main gathering is held in November when they get to attend the International Thespian Festival.

Haley Johnson, WTV Staff Reporter

Each year, the Texas Thespians Organization hosts a state-wide festival that includes over 8,000 people.

The festival will provide a variety of acting and design workshops for students and troupe directors, along with main stage performances. 

“I am mostly excited for the wide variety of workshops that we get to do,” senior ITS member Mia Tremmel said. “It’s always a blast every year to go through the entirety of the guide book and just pick exactly what you want to learn because there’s a crazy amount of variety for every kind of theatre kid, like for tech there’s puppetry classes there’s a plethora of dancing and acting classes, some vocal classes, it’s just a really good spread and I’m very excited to see the events this year.”

The three day event runs from Thursday through Saturday and will be held at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center.

“It’s like the ultimate educational experience for theatre kids,” Tremmel said. “Most people in this state and from out of state like to come to the Texas Festival just because it’s larger, and you meet a bunch of theatre kids that are like you, like-minded and getting to hear their experiences and professional experiences, and getting to really cater your learning in theatre and your journey in theatre to whatever you want it to be, it’s just a very overall self journey.”