FISD+ application window opens

Remi Williams

The monthly board meeting is being held Monday from 6:30-7:30 p.m. On the agenda are a resolution on chaplains in school, the 2023-24 improvement plan, and more.

Daniel Memaran, WTV Staff Reporter

The window is now open for Frisco ISD+, the district’s online school set to launch in august of 2022.

Frisco ISD removed all online school options for high school students for the 2021-2022 school year when the state legislature failed to approve funding.

However, a special legislative session saw this funding get approved which is allowing the district to offer both full-time and hybrid options in the 2022-2023 school year. 

“Well I think if you’re interested in Frisco ISD+ they have a website that has a lot of information and frequently asked questions there’s gonna be two options, a straight virtual program and a hybrid where you can come up to school and take various courses,” principal Ashley Rainwater said. “The courses that are gonna be offered are listed online.”

This online program will most likely be different from past years’ including a different curriculum. 

“A lot of the details were still working out, how is the master schedule going to look like how are students gonna be able to travel back and forth, how is that curriculum going to look like, we wanna make sure it’s not a curriculum like when we were enclosed but this is something that’s really designed to encourage students to think critically and really stretch them in that virtual platform,” Rainwater said.

The application for FISD+ closes on December 17 at 4 p.m.

For more information, visit the FISD website here.