ISM students demonstrate semester’s knowledge through original work

Sarah Boutouis

This Friday, ISM students’ original work is due, as they have been working their way to this deadline since the beginning of the year.

Varun Saravanan, WTV Producer

Since the start of the year, ISM students have been researching, interviewing, and working with professionals on a topic of choice and the culmination of the semester’s hard work comes to an end with their original work due Friday.

“So, what an original work is, it’s basically a creative representation of the information based off the research that we’ve been doing in ISM,” senior Abir Faisal said. “So we’ve been learning a lot about things like professional skills, such as resume building, reaching out to professionals, and through that, we were able to encounter research interviews so we can get primary information about the fields we plan on going into.”

There’s a variety of what students’ original work can look like.

“Some people are doing things like video, some people are creating articles,” Faisal said. “I know a student who’s creating a video game based on marketing, so it’s a pretty wide range of projects that people are choosing to pursue.”

The ISM showcase is scheduled for early March for students to present their work, but dates are subject to change.