FISD+ application deadline extended

Even+though+students+are+back+on+campus+this+year%2C+Frisco+ISD+is+moving+ahead+with+plans+for+a+virtual+school+next+year+and+there%E2%80%99s+an+informational+meeting+about+it+Wednesday+evening.+

Frisco ISD

Even though students are back on campus this year, Frisco ISD is moving ahead with plans for a virtual school next year and there’s an informational meeting about it Wednesday evening.

Grant Milleson, Staff Reporter

The application deadline for the new Frisco ISD online learning program, FISD+, which is scheduled to launch in Aug. 2022, has been extended indefinitely, allowing students to still apply for the program.

“There is no longer a firm deadline to apply to the FISD+ program,” assistant communications director Meghan Cone said. “FISD will accept students into the program on a first-come, first-served basis based on the timestamp of their application. Applications will be reviewed this summer to make sure students meet the admissions criteria, which includes passing all their classes and having less than 10 unexcused absences this school year.”

Students can apply for hybrid or fully virtual learning, however, after joining the program students can not switch options until the next school year.

“Extending the deadline gives families more time to learn about the new offering and make a decision,” Cone said. “Secondary students are still actively engaged in course selection for next school year, and we don’t want to rush students who may still be considering their options or who may not have learned about FISD+ prior to the initial deadline.”