Breaking news: lunch labor shortage

Frisco ISD is also suffering during the national labor shortage leading to longer lines for students to get lunch.

Wingspan Staff

The following email was sent out to all students and parents this morning.

“Dear Liberty High School families,

As you know, labor shortages are impacting many job sectors including the food service industry. The school district is no exception, and the Frisco ISD Child Nutrition Department has multiple open positions available. The District has successfully implemented several staffing solutions, but this latest surge of COVID-19 has temporarily exacerbated the situation.

We understand many families rely on school meals to provide proper nutrition to their children, and our school is equipped to continue providing healthy breakfast and lunch to students at no charge. However, if your family is in a position to send your student(s) to school with lunch from home for the remainder of this week, it would be especially appreciated during this short time.

Many more students are eating school meals this school year, and students may encounter longer than normal serving lines in the cafeteria as we navigate this staffing shortage.

Thank you for your understanding and any assistance you can provide our hardworking café staff this week.

Sincerely,

Ashley Rainwater

Liberty High School”