Redhawks sweep Trail Blazers

Michael Martin

The Redhawks swept the Trail Blazers off their feet on Tuesday in a District 9-5A game. Both teams saw victories which put an end to the boys’ losing streak.

Kaden Groom, Sports Reporter

The Redhawks were able to extinguish the Trail Blazers in District 9-5A basketball games on Tuesday at Lebanon Trail with the girls’ team winning 46-27. 

“You want to come out and play as close to your margins as possible, clinically execute, still be aggressive and courageous,” head coach Ross Reedy said. “We did a pretty good job of that, we wanted to reestablish us playing with a little bit more pace, which we did.”

The team is now 10-1 in district play and looks to carry this momentum into Friday when they host the Wakeland Wolverines.

“We played really well,” sophomore Keyera Roseby said. “Win or loss there is always something that you can learn from it and we have things that we can work on before Friday.”

On the boys’ side, a 68-56 over Lebanon Trail meant the end to the team’s three game losing streak.

“There were obviously struggles,” junior guard Matthew Bishop said.  “We had to do things differently but we were able to come out and execute and really compete how we should be competing.”

After the win against the Trail Blazers Tuesday, the team looks to stay on track.

“It was good to finally get a win and get off a losing streak,” Bishop said “Hopefully this win can help us carry some momentum into Friday against Wakeland.”

Despite winning by 12 points, the team knows that in order to keep the momentum going, they will have to stay focused.

“We still have some things we can get better at,” junior Jonathan Dupree-Buford said. “Our goal is to be the best versions of ourselves and we have to work really hard to get that.”