UNT Now! Applications close soon

Cooper Ragle

Many seniors are taking a step towards their future and beginning to apply to college. Some, such as senior Ciara Willis, have already found their home for the next four years at schools such as UNT, while many are still applying.

Cooper Ragle, WTV Executive Producer

North Texas Now!, a joint venture between Frisco ISD and the University of North Texas is dedicated to giving juniors in high school the opportunity to experience a college setting while knocking out some of their college credits, is rounding into the last few days before applications close. 

For current sophomores, the application process calls for students to upload test scores within the program application that can satisfy the TSIA-2 college readiness requirement for dual credit participation. 

With the potential of a lottery process to decide who will be apart of the program for the 2022-2023 school year, North Texas Now! Will have students take a half-day of dual credit classes at the UNT campus in Frisco followed by the remainder of the day at their home campus.

Applications close on Monday and students can apply by going to the Frisco ISD website.