Redhawks unable to beat the Raccoons

Troy Williams

Diving deep to pull out a win, the Redhawks gear up for games on Friday. With playoffs on the line, the teams feel they have great ambition heading into Friday.

Haley Ward, Sports Reporter

The Redhawk soccer teams could not soar above the Frisco High Raccoons on Friday night.

The girls’ team hosted the Raccoons, but fell behind early in the game and could never recover, losing 4-0.

“For Frisco being in first place and us missing a few players I think the team did pretty well against them, just a few little mistakes that are easy fixes going into the next game,” junior Reese Brown said. “The team is just working on playing well together going into future games.”

The boys’ team had a slightly better result when it headed to Frisco High School as they were able to score against the Raccoons, but finished the game with a 1-1 draw.

“Overall, they worked extremely hard,” head coach Evan McGee said. “We weren’t as sharp technically as we have been in the past so we gave the ball away a little too easily in the first half. And made that correction for the second half and played much better.”

With a red card late in the game, the boys’ team had to work extra hard against the Raccoons as they were down a player.

“We got a red card late in the second half or halfway through in the second half. And it was a tactical foul, but it was the last man so it wasn’t anything malicious,” McGee said. “But then we were down, so it required a lot. A lot of hard work from the remaining guys in the field, just because we were at a numerical disadvantage.”