Redhawks take on the Raccoons

Troy Williams

The Redhawks gear up to tackle Frisco on Friday looking to improve their respective district scores. For the boys however, this game will make or break their undefeated title.

Haley Ward, Sports Reporter

Aiming to finish the week with wins from both the girls’ and boys’ soccer teams, the Redhawks face the Frisco High Racoons in District 9-5A matchups.

Coming off a win against Heritage on Tuesday, the girls’ are hoping to do the same Friday when they host the Raccoons at The Nest at 5:30 p.m.

We are working on improving playing as a team rather than individuals.

— Chloe Jackson

“I expect tonight’s game to be a challenge for us, but if we play to the best of our ability we will win,” sophomore Chloe Jackson said. “We are working on improving playing as a team rather than individuals.”

Taking on the Raccoons at Frisco High School at 7:30 p.m. Friday, the boys’ are aiming to lengthen their undefeated 5-0 streak in District 9-5A. 

“The team played fantastic against Heritage on Tuesday. The first half, especially, was the best soccer we’ve played all year,” assistant coach Kyle Parks said. “I expect the same intensity for Friday’s game against Frisco. They have a very good team, and we will have to show up again to remain undefeated.”