A win at The Nest, a win at The Den

Troy Williams

The girls’ soccer team enters playoffs for the first time in five years as they face the Frisco Raccoons. The team knows a challenge is ahead, but they are ready to gain a win on Thursday.

Haley Ward, Sports Reporter

The Redhawk soccer teams earned two wins against the Heritage Coyotes on Tuesday when the girls’ brought back a win from The Den and the boys’ earned a win at home. 

The girls brought back a win against the Coyotes when they beat them 4-0 in the District 9-5A contest.

“It was slow in the first half, but in the second half we picked it up and worked well together,” sophomore Cate Butcher said. “Our strengths are combinations and communication, which led to us winning on Tuesday.”

Hosting the Coyotes, the boys’ walked away with a 3-1 win, continuing their undefeated streak in District 9-5A.

“As a team we feel great we just need to make sure to stay that way throughout the season. We of course are happy about being first,” junior Jack Clutter said. “We came in the game yesterday expecting to win. This season our energy has been fantastic and we are getting hyped before every game which is shown throughout our play. So nothing came out different.”