Leaving virtual behind, HOSA back to on-site contests

Liberty HOSA

HOSA is expanding with two new clubs this year, From The Heart and Doctors Without Borders. The new clubs will expand healthcare related opportunities for students.

Aarya Oswal, Staff Reporter

It was back to an in-person competition as HOSA members participated in the Spring Leadership Conference (SLC) Friday and Saturday. 

“This allowed a lot of us to gain exposure to the medical field and also prepared us for many of our futures in medicine,” HOSA officer, junior Amish Bhatnagar said. “In HOSA, one of the goals they strongly agree on is to prepare avid passionate students for a future to be a medical professional, which in my opinion was very successful through the Area 3 spring leadership conference.”

The conference was a learning experience for junior HOSA Officer, Kritika Ramesh.

“HOSA Area 3 SLC was such an amazing experience,” Ramesh said. “It was really nice seeing people from all over the area doing something we love! Learning from the keynote speaker was inspiring. Overall, it was a great experience with all the fun opportunities.”

Getting to meet other aspiring medical professionals, junior Ishayu Gupta thought the Area 3 SLC was a way to showcase his medical skills.

“I think the conference was a great opportunity to expand my network with other aspiring medical professionals, and to hone my skills through my hosa event,” Gupta said.