Softball takes a swing at the Knights

Back to back losses leave the Redhawks hungry for more. Hoping to secure a win on Tuesday, the team plans to use this loss as motivation.

Addy Schick, Sports Reporter

Putting up a fight against Independence Friday, the Redhawk softball team fell short in their first District 9-5A home game, losing 13-12 to the Knights. 

“The results I feel obviously we would want the win, but overall the kids came and played and we competed point for point with them,” head coach Jill Bradshaw said. “The players did great. We got a lot of hits, obviously a lot of RBIs. There were a couple innings where we left some kids on, but for the most part we all came together, played hard, made a lot of good plays and on the defensive too.”

Even though they fell short, freshman Delila Bond believes she and the team definitely learned a lot. 

“I know myself,  I can improve on keeping my attitude up and making sure that I don’t get down if we get behind,” she said. “ And I think that the team just kind of needs to work on trusting each other more because I don’t think we quite have enough trust in each other yet.”

Searching for their first district win, Bond says the close loss brought the team together..

“My favorite part of the game was probably whenever we were rallying up at the plate and we were getting a lot of runs,” she said. “We were all just cheering for each other having a lot of fun in the dugout. Moments like those have definitely helped improve our bonding.”