Golf goes for back to back wins

Harley Classe, Sports Editor

• The Redhawks took the course at 8:00 a.m. with eight athletes making up the team. With past tournaments only containing three team members, the athletes were proud to have a full nest.

• Sisters junior Asiana Chang and freshman Alanna Chang had the opportunity to compete alongside one another in the Lantana Preview. This is an opportunity that comes fairly infrequently for the pair.

• Sophomore Ashley Zhang sets up for her approach on the 14th hole.

• Freshman Brittney Zhang takes her putt on the par-5 13th hole.

• Junior Asiana Chang gets ready for her putt on the par-5 13th hole.

• Freshman Alanna Chang gets ready to hit her putt on the 13th green.

• Senior Leslie Coyne sets up for her tee shot on the island green par-3 15th hole.

• Freshman Abigail Lee with her greenside chip shot on the par-4 14th hole.

• Senior Anika Patel watches her approach shot on the par-4 14th hole.

• With an almost completely new team this season, the boys’ golf team returns to the courses. The team is optimistic about the upcoming season, with goals of heading to Regionals and State.

Girls’ golf headed to the Lantana Golf Course on Monday for the Lantana Preview where the team was put to the test.

“The beginning of the season has been about bringing our putts down,” senior Anika Patel said. “Now we want to go into it with everything we’ve got with districts so close.”

Looking to continue the momentum, the boys’ team looks to compete in the Coyote Classic where they will tee off at 8:00 a.m. Tuesday at the Irving Golf Club.

“With this year’s district tournament held at the same site as our last tournament, we are really trying to focus on repetition,” head coach Shannon Glidewell said.

Playing in back to back tournaments, junior Braden Cobb is excited for the chance to apply what he has learned since the start of the school year.

“I’ve been practicing around the greens more recently and worked on certain shots on the range,” Cobb said. “I hope that the weather conditions comply and that it’ll be a good round.”