Juniors take SAT on Wednesday while others have a full day

The spring AP exam payment window is open until Feb. 9.

Alyssa Murphy, WTV Executive Producer

The school is hosting the SAT test tomorrow but unlike years past, it will be a bit different. It was previously planned that all students who were not juniors would have a half-day while juniors took the SAT. However, to give students a chance to catch up on work, classes will resume as normal for freshmen, sophomores, and seniors.

“One of the reasons that the SAT school day is looking different than last year is because we have had quite a bit of non-routine things happening with students, with COVID and everything,” associate principal Stacey Whaling said. “So it’s a great opportunity to not have them skip a beat, and have a normal day, especially since it will just be juniors testing.”

For junior Abby Walker, taking the SAT on campus has many benefits.

“I’m excited because it will be my first time actually taking the SAT and it will be helpful to improve myself,” Walker said.

For senior Sanjana Dandu, having to come to school for a full day has its pros and cons.

“I’m kinda glad [that it’s not a half day] because I’m really behind on a lot of classes,” Dandu said. “Since the nine weeks are ending on Friday, I guess I can just catch up and not have to worry over spring break.”

Juniors will report to the gym before 8:45 am for the SAT. More information has been sent through email.