Track tiers out with back to back meets

Running through the break, senior Cori Ross is back in action. While many students got to rest over spring break, track stuck with it with three back to back meets.

Kaden Groom, Sports Reporter

After a week of spring break practices, the Redhawks track team hit the road to compete in the Lancaster Meet of Champions.

The meet included both 5A and 6A schools, including schools such as Duncanville, Allen, Mansfield Lake Ridge, Lancaster, and Cedar Hill.

The team placed 13th place overall, finishing with 12 points in all events.

Although the team did not score very high in the meet, competing in meets like these are very beneficial for the team to help the team prepare for district meets in the future according to head coach Chip Gregory. 

“These are the schools that repeatedly go to state year after year,” Gregory said. “It’s good for competition but it’s also good to see what they’re competition would look like for the ones that want to keep going and perform in college.

After going against the best of the best, the Redhawks are very motivated to bounce back at their next meet.

“Some only have 4 weeks left if they are on JV, and 9 weeks left if they are on varsity so the biggest thing is how much do you want to win, and how much work are you willing to put in,” Gregory said.