Spring break means trip to Disney World

Hundreds of orchestra students take trip to Florida

Provided by Riya Kumar

Every 4 years, the orchestra department takes a trip to Disney World. Many students found it as a great opportunity to get closer with their peers.

Caroline Caruso, Assistant Editor-in-Chief

For many students on campus, spring break meant time with family and friends, but for the orchestra department, the week away from school meant a trip to Florida.

More than 200 orchestra students, along with their directors, had the opportunity to travel to Disney World for five days over spring break to embark on a vacation. 

For junior violinist Saesha Dravekar, the trip was a great way to get better acquainted with her peers. 

“I think going with everyone was really fun because we’re already a really big family and I have a lot of friends that are also in the orchestra,” she said. “Throughout the trip you just got to know people even more, especially the people who you were paired with throughout the parks.”

Although not a first-time experience for all attendees, the trip still proved to be unique.

“I went to Disney when I was eight, and a lot has changed since then,” junior violinist Riya Kumar said. “The trip was definitely a once in a lifetime thing because you get to go with all of your friends and your friend groups. Normally, that’s really hard to plan outside of school.”