Baseball looks to back to back games against Frisco

Looking to catch a win, baseball heads into the weekend with back to back games against the Frisco Racoons. The team will take the team for the first time on Friday at 7:30 p.m. at Frisco High School.

Michael Coppinger, Sports Reporter

Baseball returns to The Nest to close out their series against the Frisco Raccoons on Friday at 7:30 p.m with Teacher Appreciation Night in which the teachers selected by players will be presented with thank you notes and gift cards. 

As the Redhawks progress into the second half of their season, they hope to build momentum with a series of wins.

before pressing into the season’s prime. Junior Third Baseman Cooper Wixon sees an aggressive approach on offense as a key to victory in tonight’s contest.

“Because we are facing their #1 guy we just have to attack early and get guys on base,” junior, 3B Cooper Wixon said. “Then it’s about letting out speed guys run all over them,”

Baserunning has been a key part of the Redhawk’s attack plan thus far in the season, with the team averaging nearly seven stolen bases per game. 

“We need to be getting a lot of guys on base,” senior Caden Wartluft said. “From there, it’s about doing our thing and getting good jumps on the bases.”