Breaking news: associate principal Stacey Whaling named new principal

Perry Mellone

Associate principal Stacey Whaling (right) has been named as the replacement for current principal Ashley Rainwater (left).

Wingspan Staff

The Frisco ISD Board of Trustees named associate principal Stacey Whaling the school’s new principal on Thursday. Whaling replaces Ashley Rainwater who resigned earlier this year. The following email was sent out to parents and students.

“Dear Parents:

It is our honor and privilege to inform you that at the ​Frisco ISD Board meeting today Stacey Whaling​, who is currently Associate Principal here at Liberty High School​, was named the next principal of Liberty High School.

Ms. Whaling has been the Associate Principal of Liberty High School for the past 3 years. She began her career in Frisco ISD in 2011 as an English teacher here at Liberty. She then became an assistant principal in 2015.  She has also served as an instructional coach for English teachers.   Her bachelor’s degree is from University of Texas at Dallas and ​her master’s degree is from Texas A&M Commerce.

She is extremely excited about this opportunity and about serving students at Liberty High School and working to uphold the standards shared by the Redhawk community.

Ms. Whaling will be sending a letter of greeting to the Liberty families that will include important dates and upcoming opportunities regarding the coming school year.

Thanks for your input and support of Liberty High School and Frisco ISD.

Sincerely,

Ashley Rainwater”

This is a developing story and will be updated throughout the day.