ISM students host Final Presentation Night

Junior+Erika+Pernis+begins+her+Final+Presentation.+Final+Presentation+Night+is+an+opportunity+for+ISM+students+to+showcase+their+year%E2%80%99s+worth+of+research+

Provided by Erika Pernis

Junior Erika Pernis begins her Final Presentation. Final Presentation Night is an opportunity for ISM students to showcase their year’s worth of research

Erika Pernis, Managing Editor

The culmination of the year’s work was on display Wednesday at the Independent Study & Mentorship (ISM) Final Presentation Night.

At the beginning of the night, students had product displays in which they showcased their display boards and showed guests their projects.

“Being able to talk to so many different people – familiar faces and new ones – was an interesting experience and I loved sharing about my final project and my experiences in the ISM program,” senior Sreya Suresh said.

Showcasing her work was rewarding for senior Tarini Pankati.

“It was so great to be able to speak interactively with my peers and friends about this topic I love so much while also watching my ism classmates do the same,” Pankati said.

Following product displays, students presented their final project to mentors, family, and friends.

“From my final presentation, I learned to be more confident in my abilities,” Suresh said. When I initially applied to ISM, I was unsure if I would be able to carry out tasks like long presentations in front of a group of people or answering questions on the spot. However, after Final Presentation Night, I finally realized how much ISM has helped me overcome these doubts and has allowed me to truly mature as a person. “