Teacher on campus named President Elect of Science Teacher of Texas Association

Yael Even

Science teacher, Kenric Davies, was recently named the next President Elect of the Science Teachers of Texas Association after being a member for several years.

Aarya Oswal, Staff Reporter

Physics teacher Kenric Davies has been named the new President Elect of the Science Teachers of Texas Association and will begin serving his term on June 1. 

“I recently was nominated and slated to be the President Elect which means that I will go through the Presidential chains so I’ll serve one year as the President Elect, then the next year I’ll be the President where I’ll be figurehead of the organization, and then the next year I’ll be known as the past President which us still a member of the board and helps direct the incoming leadership,” Davies said. “As a Past President, we’re responsible for making all the decisions relating to the CAST for that year for the conference.”

The Science Teachers of Texas Association is a professional organization of science teachers in Texas. It has anywhere between 2,000-3,000 members in a given year who represent science teachers from all grade levels ranging from K-12 as well as colleges.

“What has happened is that I’ve actually been serving on the executive board for STAT for the last couple of years for what is known as a member at large,” Davies said. “That’s basically just a person who helps direct the board and helps make decisions on behalf of the science teachers.”

Davies looks forward to serving the board as the next President Elect.

“I’m very grateful to have been nominated for this great opportunity,” Davies said. “STATS has been a big part of my educational career, and I look forward to soon becoming the next President Elect for this upcoming year.”